- Read the information on the board, does that explain it for you?
- Ask another student, see if they can explain it in a way that makes sense to you
- Work out what you do understand of the task/question, as well as what you don’t- this helps identify your trouble spot
- Look at the key words- is it a what/why/how/how far command word? That helps you identify the skill you need to show
- Look at the subject of the sentence- what is the topic on?
- Just do it wrong… seriously! It’ll help me identify what you struggle with, and support you in your learning!
ALWAYS THINK- What did I do last time I was stuck? If I wasn’t stuck, what would I do?